Saturday, July 8, 2017

Pro se individual wants answers from the WSBA for frivolous complaint

Ms. Linder,

Thank you for the time extension to respond.  

In my opinion, the complaint filed is without merit and holds no substantial allegations and should be dismissed.  I am not an attorney and have only represented myself. Mr. Luce has provided no evidence to suggest otherwise.  I would ask that your board address these questions for me, so that I may properly respond:

1.) On what merits has the claim allowed to continue? Specifically, what RCW(s) are being violated so that I may appropriately respond? 
2.) Can you send me all of the correspondence between your board with Mr. Luce, including emails and call logs? If not, can you direct me whom to contact to request this information?
3.) Are there any conflicts of interest amongst your board which should be disclosed?  Specifically, Mr. Luce is a 33 degree Freemason and I would ask any other member of the freemason fraternity recuse themselves on this matter.  Mr. Luce's high ranks could demand a fraternity brother to rule in Mr. Luce's favor and disregard Washington State law and this frightens myself. 
4.) May I attend your July 20, 2017 meeting and make public comment?  Are your meetings open to the public and may they be video recorded for social media? Where may I access minutes from prior meetings?

Mr. Luce is currently under investigation with the Washington State Bar Association.  He has practiced law for 50 years and appears to be retaliating against a pro se individual out of desperation for his own wrong doings in handling my late mother's probate by filing this complaint with your board. His predatory and abusive actions against myself have taken form of an intentional infliction of emotional distress.  My goal is to minimize the trauma he has already caused me and to avoid any future inflammation on my personal life.   

I do believe in freedom of speech and in government transparency. As such, I will treat this complaint and investigation with the same transparency I have throughout this journey to expose corruption and fraud related to my late mother's probate.  Thank you for your time and assistance. 

Regards,
Heather Jean Elsie Lincoln Benedict 




On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 8:41 AM Sherry Lindner <sherryl@wsba.org> wrote:
Dear Ms. Benedict,

Your request for a time extension has been granted and your response is due on July 31.

This matter will be removed from the July agenda and the Board will review it at its August 17 meeting.

Due to your circumstances, would you prefer to communicate with email only? If so, please let me know and all future communicate will be done via email at hjelbenedict@gmail.com

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,
Sherry

Sherry Lindner | Paralegal | Office of General Counsel
Washington State Bar Association |T 206.733.5941|F 206.727.8314sherryl@wsba.org  
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 600|Seattle, WA 98101-2539 

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 11:32 PM
To: UPL

Subject: Request for time to respond #17-21

Dear Washington State Practice of Law Board:

This evening, July 5th, 2017, I just now am in receipt of your letter dated June 30, 2017. I am a victim of domestic violence and participate in the Washington State Address Confidentiality program and mail is delayed an additional 2 business days and given the holiday weekend, am not able to make your deadline to respond 14 days before your July 20, 2017 hearing.  I am not an attorney but a pro-se individual and an heir to my late-mother in representing myself through her probate proceedings, in which Mr. Luce was hired to oversee and should be managing without any partiality and privately through mediation and not the court system for his own profit.  I have asked him and the court to settle matters through mediation and not through litigation, Mr. Luce refuses to do say and enjoys wasting people's time. 

It should be noted that there is an open investigation with the Washington State Bar Association Office of Disciplinary Counsel against Mr. Luce's bar #3081.  It is my belief that he is retaliating against me with this complaint as he has practiced law for over 50 years and somehow believes he is above the law.  It is also my understanding that Mr. Luce's daughter, Al'an Luce, once employed at the Luce Law Firm is now employed within the Attorney General's office who oversees these types of complaints.  My concern is there is already a conflict of interest within the Practice of Law Board which will favor Mr. Luce and it frightens me that I do not have a fair time frame to respond nor to seek legal counsel. 

It is my understanding, while I am not an attorney, the right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.  Article 19 of the UDHR states that "everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include the freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice."

I hereby ask for 30 days from today's receipt to respond to your complaint.  Your July 20th hearing would require that I submit a response by the end of today (14 days in advance) and even a layman would agree that it is impossible and unjust. The complaint appears to be over 100 pages and I have not even read its entirety. I work full time and am not a lawyer. 

I kindly ask you consider my request for a 30 day time frame (July 30, 2017 deadline) to properly respond to the allegations before me and for you to enter a decision on my continuance request by Thursday, July 6, 2017.  Further, I request to attend in person your July 20th, 2017 meeting, please confirm the location meeting place and time.  

Thank you,
H.J.E.L.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment